Department of Radiology at the University Of Illinois is offering a one year fellowship program in radiology Utilizations and Managements. This program is designed for a board certified physician from any specialty and designed by the Department of Radiology in partnership with UIC School of public health, UIC school of Business and the Northbrook Institutes.
Upon completion of the Radiology Utilization Management Program, fellows will:
• Master the American College of Radiology’s appropriateness criteria, standards and practice guidelines for radiological imaging.
• Become knowledgeable about applications of and indications for myriad imaging tests and procedures for signs and symptoms of various disease entities.
• Acquire familiarity with the utilization process and risk management considerations regarding radiology practices.
• Learn basic business concepts and Public Health policies.
• Gain “hands on” experience of existing utilization processes used by the payors and their intermediaries.